Friday, April 24, 2009

Blogging for the Blog's Sake

Is it worth blogging? At first I considered this would be a type of journal - putting stuff out there, sometimes nonsensical ramblings, sometimes commentary on things in the news, sometimes more personal stuff. Since I've started this a couple of weeks ago, I've been warned, forewarned, admonished, and threatened to not put anything on here. Sources range from acquaintances to family. Even the news...it has been a main topic recently on almost every news show on tv/radio. Facebook/ myspace/googling/anything internet being searched by companies watching employees/applicants, sports teams watching potential players, colleges watching applicants, etc. And there have been stories of these same entities making fake web-profiles on these sites with the goal of trapping people. Even "anonymous" blogs aren't really anonymous. If you don't know by now, you should ... everything you do on the internet can be tracked to your URL.

Maybe Reader's Digest condensed versions would be ok? For me, this week...

  • Monday - had weekly doc's appointment today instead of Tuesday, and work got intenser
  • Tuesday - Redskins rumblings about Campbell and NFL draft
  • Wednesday - Lifegroup
  • Thursday - mominlaw to airport, Worship team practice
  • Friday - took leave (sick), later got a little organizing done at the house
  • Saturday - working in the morning, group practice, NFL draft

Well that's not going to cut it - I fell asleep just now while writing it myself.

So I'll be writing some stuff that may get some people upset. My answer to them? If you don't want to read it, then, in the spirit of the sneaker genius Nike,

just DON'T do it.

Anyways, I'll be back...sometime...I think...

Later...and be careful out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment